Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Internship
About the Fred Hutchinson Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP)
The SURP is an intensive, 9-week internship designed to provide research experience and mentorship for rising-senior undergraduate students who are interested in biomedical research. Under the guidance of a faculty mentor, students will:
- Complete an independent research project;
- Attend weekly research seminars;
- Participate in professional development workshops designed to facilitate the preparation of competitive applications for graduate/medical school; and
- Present their findings at a competitive poster session.
The program will run from Monday, June 12, 2023 to August 11, 2023.
Applications were due December 2, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- A science-focused CV or resume (with appropriate file name as described in the application)
- An unofficial copy of your transcript (with appropriate file name as described in the application)
- A one-page maximum personal essay (instructions are offered in the Qualtrics application)
- A brief response (2,100 characters maximum) describing which Fred Hutch investigator’s research interests you and why. ***You will most likely not be paired with this person. This is an intellectual exercise only.***
- The email addresses of two Baylor science professors who are aware of our application and willing to write a letter of recommendation as needed (they will only need to submit the letter if you are selected)
We recommend writing your essays separately before attempting to complete the application because your work will be lost if you exit the site without submitting; you are welcome to scroll through the questions before beginning.