More than 90 percent of students receive financial assistance at Baylor. As part of that support, the Honors College annually awards nearly $1 million in endowed scholarships to incoming and current students, with an average award amount between $1,000 to $5,000. Honors College scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic records and need.
Scholarship Application Details
- Incoming Students: The Honors College Scholarship Process for 2023-2024 is closed.
- Each student who confirms their intent to enroll in one of the four Honors College majors or programs by March 1 (Round 1) or April 1 (Round 2) is considered for an Honors College scholarship. The committee reviews the student’s Baylor application, level of financial need as displayed through the FAFSA and CSS profile, and Honors College application (unnecessary if enrolling only in Great Texts). If selected to receive an award, students are notified via email in March (Round 1) or April (Round 2). The process is completed and closed in April. Students do not need to submit a deposit to Baylor in order to be considered. The confirmation for the Honors College is non-binding.
- Current Students: Current students who received Honors College scholarships as freshmen can keep their scholarships if they maintain at least a 3.5 GPA and remain in the Honors College. If a current student has not yet received Honors College aid or would like to apply for additional funding, they must submit an application.
- Completing a FAFSA and/or CSS Profile is important for all Honors College students in order to maximize opportunities for endowed scholarship support.
Learn about scholarships for:
- Prospective Honors College Students
- Current Honors College Students
- International Honors College Students
To learn more about financial aid opportunities, please visit One Stop Student Financial Services. This office also provides helpful information about applying for financial aid, including details regarding FAFSA and CSS Profile.