Access the Application
To access the Getterman Scholars application, go to your goBaylor account. Click the "Connect & Visit" tab and then click the green "Scholarship Programs Requiring Separate Application" bar to expand the text underneath. Click the "Scholarship Program Application" button and then check the "Getterman Scholars Program" box when submitting your application. The key application dates for 2022 to remember are listed below.
|Honors College Application Open||August 1, 2023|
|Getterman Application Open||September 1, 2023|
|Submission deadline for completed Baylor Admissions Application||November 1, 2023|
|Honors College Application Deadline for Getterman Applicants||November 15, 2023,11:59 p.m. CST|
|Getterman Scholarship Program Application Deadline||November 15, 2023, 11:59 p.m. CST|
|Participation Notification for Scholarship Program Applicants||by December 15, 2023|
|Deadline to Respond to Invitation & Confirm Participation||December 22, 2023|
|Candidate Interviews with Honors College Faculty (In-Person Event)||January 26, 2024|
|Attend Invitation to Excellence (Honors College Session)||January 27, 2024|
|Selection Notification Date||March 1, 2024|
All students who apply to the Getterman Scholarship Program will submit a three-minute video essay with the provided prompt. In recording and submitting your video essay, follow these guidelines:
- Address the prompt in a thoughtful, thorough, and timely manner. Do not submit a video exceeding the three-minute limit.
- When speaking about Baylor’s Honors College, please specifically discuss the program(s) to which you’ve applied and/or been accepted.
- Be yourself while giving us insight into your best self. We want to learn about the real you as well as the person you aspire to become.
- We truly want to see your personality. Be amply prepared, but do your best to not simply read your paper in your video.
- Choose a suitable, quiet place that enables your presence to be seen and voice to be heard.
- Dress appropriately, as you would for a face-to-face campus interview.
- Examine the quality of your video essay, asking trusted mentors for critique and counsel, before submitting it. Ensure that the essay reflects your very best work.
- While we appreciate video quality so that we are able to adequately hear and see you, you will be assessed by the content of your video, not special effects through advanced videography.
- Applications are due promptly at 11:59pm CST. We recommend students submit their applications on the previous business day in case you have questions concerning submission.
Have any questions? See Getterman FAQs.